T, as in THERMOMETER. And I can use thermometer as the word du jour, because I don't have any strong feelings towards thermometers, one way or the other, and therefore that won't mess up this meme I'm about to do.
Yeah, yeah I know. A meme. Or survey, or quiz, whatever you wanna call it. But don't worry, this one is decently entertaining and easy.
You leave a comment on this post, and I’ll assign you a letter. You write about ten things you love that begin with your assigned letter, and post it at your place. When people comment on your list, you give them a letter, and the chain continues on and on.
And then you each send me $25.
What? That isn't on the other people's rules? Well I'll meet you halfway, you don't have to do cash, you could just do a gift card or something. Geez. Where's your holiday spirit?
1. Tea. Yeah I know, it seems a little bit cheaty since T and Tea are basically the EXACT SAME THING - tricky phonetics - but I genuinely love tea. Green tea, specifically. I drink probably 2- 4 cups per day, and yeah yeah I know all the good stuff about moderation, but it's better than soda and my tea tags say cute little things like "grace brings trust, appreciation, love and prosperity". How can you find anything wrong with that? I DARE YOU TO TRY.
2. Tree pose. Balancing poses in yoga are my kyrptonite and yet I can always count on tree pose to be a real winner. Steady, easy, natural - it's the one thing I can count on when every other balancing sequence sends me toppling in all directions.
4. The Raconteurs - namely, their newest album Consolers of the Lonely. Honestly my favorite album, start to finish, since Radiohead's In Rainbows. And this is my list, so I can consider "The" as my T-word, NO COMPLAINING.
5. Travel. I get super antsy if I am stuck in the same place for any real amount of time. Even a couple of weeks, and I need a day trip or something. I love the adventure, I love airports (even after being stuck in way too many of them for way too long), I love watching other people and wondering where they're going and what their stories are, and I love finding myself in a completely different place. It kind of gives you a fresh start every time.
6. Texting. I confess, I am one of those people you probably hate. Unless you're like me, in which case you would LOVE to be my phone buddy. I have gotten to the point where, unless a seriously complicated conversation needs to occur, I almost won't ANSWER the phone, preferring rather to send a quick text after the missed call: "yeah, what's up?". I just can't stand all the small talk, and if all the person needs is to say "I'm running 15 minutes late, meet me then?" then I certainly don't need to spend 5 minutes on the phone discussing THAT. Ooh, I almost hate myself for being such a snot.
7. Turtlenecks. And turtleneck sweaters, especially. There's something about being bundled up in a cozy, oversized turtleneck sweater that I just can't beat. However, I know not everyone feels this way; I had a boyfriend for a long time who HATED turtlenecks in all forms, and when I had to give him some particularly bad news one day, I dressed in the biggest turtleneck I could find. My best friend had dubbed it the "Queen Mother of all turtlenecks", and I guess our reasoning was that the less appealing he found me, the easier the news would go over? I dunno. Remember that, Amy?
8. Tequila. You know how sometimes when you have a really bad experience with a particular type of liquor it makes you want to swear off it forever? Yeah, I had that experience with tequila, a few Mardi Gras ago, and I think it only drew us closer. Tequila + Elise 4EVA. I have become a bit of a snob as of late thanks to a friend of ours, and a few months ago, I told Cody I would only be drinking Patron. He said (and I quote): "HA." And then he bought NOT Patron. Can you believe him?
9. Tall people. I hadn't considered this as something that I LOVE, but to be perfectly honest, I got to 8 and kinda got stuck. So I started asking around and apparently, I love tall people. To hear others tell it, I am actually somewhat obsessed with tall people; always going on and on about their incredible height and how impressive I find it. So, there you go, we both learned something with this list.
10. Time to myself. This one is definitely true. In fact, if I don't get time to myself, I go a little bit crazy. You know how for some people, being surrounded by friends makes their energy level go up? Yeah. That works in the opposite for me. It wasn't really until college that I figured out the necessity of me being able to get away from everyone, even if it was just for a few hours. There was more than one Friday night when I told everyone who asked I had plans with someone else and went to hide out in a big, cozy chair in Barnes & Noble with a book and a big cup of tea. Anti-social? Perhaps. Sanity-saving? Absolutely.
So there you have it, ten things I love that start with T. Wanna give it a shot? Like ATW, I promise not to assign you X or Z, unless you're just one of those people who like a challenge.